Our Arabic-Spanish exchanges are a recurrent, free of charge activity that we do on a weekly basis at our venue in Lavapiés.
What you’ll do
- Plan our Arabic/Spanish language exchanges with the events coordination team.
- Be in charge of the event logistics, such as participants lists and installations preparation.
- Host the events in our Madrid for Refugees venue in Lavapiés, Madrid.
- Engage with participants and assist in moderating group conversations.
What we are looking for
- Previous experience in event coordination or public relations is highly desirable.
- Fluent in either Arabic or Spanish, with knowledge of the second language. English a plus.
- Interest and general understanding of the world regions that speak Spanish and Arabic as official languages.
- Commit at least 2-4 hours of volunteer work per week.
- Able to commit to the role.
Do you think you may not have all the skills required yet? Don’t worry! We are going to support you in developing and polishing them if you are determined to do so.
What we can offer
Even though all of our current opportunities are volunteering roles, we try our best to make your experience with us significant!
- Empowerment is at the core of our values, we try to facilitate professional and personal development in the way we collaborate.
- We love creativity and problem-solving, which means we provide the space to put new skills and ideas to practice.
- You will never be alone! Our volunteers are experts in different fields and are more than happy to help and share their knowledge & skills – and we love cross-collaboration!
- Participate in knowledge-sharing and training sessions.
- Immerse yourself in a multi-cultural environment with people from diverse backgrounds.
To apply for this job please visit airtable.com.