Mentors at Refugees Code web development course are the highest drivers of the change of the Tech Industry. They are responsible of the mentorship part of the project, by sharing – together with teachers – all the knowledge and expertise with the students about Web Development.
What you’ll do
- Mentoring one of our students during all the course. Keep track of the evolution of students together with teachers, check students’ homework and give support and guidelines during the course.
- Mentoring sessions are conducted online.
What we’re looking for
- Strong knowledge of (at least) one of the covered modules (HTML / CSS / JS /React JS or Vue JS, Angular, etc…)
- Good level of communication in both Spanish & English; other languages a plus.
- Availability of ~1h/week to conduct online mentoring sessions during the course (approx 7 months). Flexibility to schedule the session with the students.
- Willing to create a more diverse and inclusive Tech Scene.:slightly_smiling_face:
What we can offer
- Even though all of our current opportunities are volunteering roles, we try our best to make your experience with us significant!
- Having real positive impact on the lives of our users.
- Empowerment is at the core of our values, we try to facilitate professional and personal development in the way we collaborate.
- We love creativity and problem-solving, which means we provide the space to put new skills and ideas to practice.
- You will never be alone! Our volunteers are experts in different fields and are more than happy to help and share their knowledge & skills – and we love cross-collaboration!
- Participate in knowledge-sharing and training sessions.
- Immerse yourself in a multi-cultural environment with people from diverse backgrounds.
To apply for this job please visit airtable.com.